- the source of your personal data
- what personal data is collected;
- what are the purposes for which the ESP uses your personal data;
- whom your personal data may be disclosed to;
- what are your rights over your personal data;
- how secure is your personal data;
- how long does the ESP keep your personal data; and
- how to contact the ESP.
1) Source of your personal data
We collect most personal data directly from you when you purchase, sell or open an account with ESP.
2) What personal data is collected
Generally, basic personal data such as your name, identity card or passport number, nationality, residential and business addresses and contact numbers will be collected. Specific personal data may be required and collected from you or third party sources for certain dealings, transactions or activities and for risk/fraud management. These are some examples:
- when you apply for credit/financing facilities with the ESP, personal data relating to your credit history and income, your employment or business or professional practice, your ownership of properties or other assets will be collected. The ESP may also collect or seek verification of your data with third party and public sources;
3) What are the purposes for which the ESP uses your personal data
The ESP only collects and processes such of your personal data that is necessary to perform its functions and activities. The ESP collects, processes and retains your personal data for purposes which include:-
- to assist in providing information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable the ESP to provide a product or service;
- to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development, credit scoring, staff training, market or customer survey, service improvement and product development);
- as required by the relevant laws and regulations.
4) Classes of Persons whom your personal data may be disclosed to
These are the classes of persons to whom we may need to disclose your personal data:-
- the ESP’s data processors or service providers, within and outside Malaysia, engaged with our regulator’s approval, to carry out certain functions and activities of the ESP;
- the ESP’s related and associated companies, within and outside Malaysia, their assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- the organisations, both within and outside Malaysia, which have arrangement or alliance with the ESP, for the purpose of promoting or using these organisations’ products and services (and any agents used by these organisations in administering such arrangement or alliance);
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, the police, law enforcement bodies and courts, both within and outside Malaysia;
- credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and corporations set up for the purposes of collecting and providing credit information;
5) What are your rights
Generally the personal data that we request from you is necessary to perform our ESP’s functions and activities in relation to the purpose for which your data is collected. If you refuse to provide the data or wish to limit the personal data you disclose, we may not be able to proceed further with your matter.
6) Security of your personal data
The ESP ensures that the processing of your personal data is carried out in a secure environment to prevent loss, unlawful disclosure and misuse of your personal data:
7) How long does the ESP keep your personal data